Saturday, September 5, 2026

All Things Girly

 Apparently, I Need to Take Care of Myself

Guys, school is starting again, and apparently I’m supposed to know how to adult now.

I’m officially a sophomore in college, which sounds very grown-up until you realize I’m still figuring out the delicate balance between having my life together and absolutely losing the plot.

I couldn’t help but wonder… Why is my emotional recovery process always so dramatic?

Step one: cry my eyes out.
Step two: decide I need to completely rebrand my existence.
Step three: find a mirror and twerk  my problems away.

In that exact order. Every. Single. Time.

It’s basically my personal “okay girl, you need to get your shit together” checklist.

And sometimes I catch myself thinking I haven’t earned self-care because I’m not doing enough. But then I remember: excuse me? Being a young adult is basically a full-time unpaid internship in figuring yourself out.

We’re learning. We’re growing. We’re making questionable decisions and then pretending they were character development.

Maybe self-care isn’t a reward for finally having everything together. Maybe it’s part of how we get there.

Because if we don’t prioritize ourselves and our well-being, who will?

My mom?

Absolutely not.

She’s just waiting for the opportunity to say, “I told you so.”

And honestly, nobody wants that kind of character development.



No comments:

Post a Comment